The Salem County Surrogate’s Court remains closed to in-person meetings for estates. All estates continue to be handled via phone, e-mail, and drop-box at the front door of our building.
Notarization of Probate Documents
Will be handled in one of the following ways:
- Take the documents to a Notary Public of your choosing to complete the notarization.
- Zoom notarization – Surrogate’s Court staff can complete the notarization via a Zoom meeting if you have that capability. Please contact our office if you would like to set-up a Zoom meeting to complete the notary.
Surrogate’s Court Records Searches
Appointment only between the hours of 9:00a.m. – 11:30a.m. and 1:00p.m. – 3:30p.m. Monday – Friday
- Mask required
- Temperature check required at the front door of the Court House
Superior Court Chancery Division, Probate Part & Family Part Filings
Attorneys, litigants and the public may contact the Surrogate’s Court by:
- Original signed filings continue to be mailed or delivered to the Surrogate’s Court via our drop box with the additional requirement of scanning (see below). If you choose to use the drop box please contact the office via phone prior to bringing the documents.
- SCANNING: NEW & IN ADDITIONAL TO MAILING OR USING THE DROPBOX FOR THE ORIGINAL SIGNED PLEADINGS – all pleadings must ALSO be scanned and e-mailed to: AND
Scanning is in place in the event the Surrogate’s Court must close, we are still able to process the documents and get to the appropriate Judge.
SCANNING: Please do not scan the paperwork as one document. Instead, separate each document example: Letter, Verified Complaint, Order, etc.
This scanning procedure will allow our office and the Judges to print only the necessary documents. Please do not fax any pleadings/documents our office.
MAIL: Administration Building, 94 Market Street, 2nd Floor, Salem, NJ 08079
PHONE: (856) 935-7510 extensions: 8323, 8121, 8324, 8322
FAX: (856) 339-9359